Most graduate courses will be delivered in-person in the Fall 2021 term, subject to public health guidelines. See message from the Dean of the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, Prof Christopher Yip, here.
- Those who are concerned they will not be able to start their course-based programs as scheduled should contact the graduate office at email@example.com. Accommodations may include conferring access to course materials and assessments; however, online course delivery and time-zone accommodation will not be guaranteed.
- Research-stream students should contact their supervisors directly.
- Students seeking an accommodation due to a disability should contact Accessibility Services as soon as possible to discuss their individual situations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Person (INPER) meeting sections require attendance at a specific time and location for some or all activities (subject to adjustments imposed by public health requirements).
- Online Synchronous (SYNC) meeting sections require online attendance at a specific time for some or all activities. Attendance at a specific location is not required for any activities or exams.
- Asynchronous (ASYNC) meeting sections do not require attendance at a specific time or location for any activities or exams.
- Online Synchronous (In Person Final) (SYNIF) meeting sections may require attendance at a specific time and location for the final exam or final assessment (subject to adjustments imposed by public health requirements). Online attendance at a specific time is required for some or all other activities.
- Asynchronous (In Person Final) (ASYIF) meeting sections may require attendance at a specific time and location for the final exam or final assessment (subject to adjustments imposed by public health requirements). Attendance at a specific time or location is not required for any other activities.
Graduate courses from other engineering departments can be found here.
Technical emphasis are found on this page (select emphasis).
Course enrolment and start dates:
- Fall 2021/Winter 2022 course enrollment will begin on August 13th, 2021 at 6:00am EDT.
- Fall 2021 graduate courses will begin the week of September 7, 2021 – unless otherwise stated
- Winter 2022 graduate courses will begin the week of January 10, 2022 – unless otherwise stated
|Course Code||Course Name||Course Details||Session Offered||Instructor|
|MSE1068||Additive Manufacturing of Advanced Engineering Materials||LEC: online (SYNC): Mon-Frid(9:30 am – 1:00 pm)|
PRA/TUT: online (SYNC): Mon-Frid(2-6 pm)
Start date: Aug 23, 2021
End date: Aug 27, 2021
|Summer 2021||Y. Zou|
|MSE1026||Analytical Electron Microscopy||LEC: Tues (17:00-19:00)||Fall 2021||J. Howe
|MSE1065||Application of Artificial Intelligence in Materials Design||TBA||Not offered in 2021-2022||C. V. Singh|
|MSE 1063||Application of Artificial Intelligence in Process Metallurgy||TBA||Summer 2022||K. Chattopadhyay|
|MSE1036||Application of Electrochemical Techniques in Materials Science||LEC: In-person|
Mon-Fri (13:00-17:00) [MB209]
Start date: Aug 30, 2021
End date: Sept 3, 2021
|Fall 2021||S. Thorpe
|JTC 1135||Applied Surface & Interface Analysis||LEC: Mon 10:00-12:00|
|Winter 2022||J. Nogami|
|JBM1050||Biological & Bio-Inspired Materials||Wed (10:00-12:00)|
|Winter 2022||E. Sone|
|MSE1043||Composite Materials Engineering||Tues (12:00-15:00) |
|Winter 2022||H. Naguib|
|MSE 1038||Computational Materials Design||LEC: Mon (12:00-14:00) ,[BA1180]|
PRA: Thur (9:00-11:00), [SF1012]
TUT: Wed (15:00-16:00), [BA2195]
|Fall 2021||C. Singh
|MSE 1061||Engineered Ceramics||Asynchronous (In Person Final) (ASYIF)||Fall 2021||T. Coyle
|MSE1031||Forensic Engineering||LEC (17:00-20:00), [WB116]|
TUT: Wed (14:00-15:00), [WB116]
|Winter 2022||D.D. Perovic|
|MSE1067||Materials Failure||TBA||Not offered in 2021-2022||C. V. Singh|
|MSE1062||Materials Physics||LEC: Fri (9:00-11:00), [WB119]|
TUT: Fri (13:00-14) [BA2159]
|Winter 2022||Z.H. Lu|
|MSE1058||Nanotechnology in Alternate Energy Systems||LEC: Mon (9:00-10:00), [MY370]|
Wed (9:00-10:00), [MY370]
Thurs (11:00-12:00), [MY370]
TUT: Fr (10:00-12:00), [MY370]
|Winter 2022||S.J. Thorpe|
|MSE1035||Optical and Photonic Materials||LEC: Mon (12:00-15:00), [BA1210]|
PRA: Tues (15:00-17:00), [SF2201]
TUT: Thur (9:00-11:00), [SF3202]
|Winter 2022||N. P. Kherani|
|MSE 1037||Process Metallurgy of Iron and Steel||LEC: Mon (18:00-20:00), [WB119]|
TUT: Mon (20:00-21:00), [GB304]
|Fall 2021||J. Sengupta
|MSE1022 ||Special Topics in Materials Science I: Material Category Theory||Wed (10:00-12:00)||Fall 2021||G. Hibbard|