We are currently accepting applications for the following Course Instructor positions:
- MSE219 & MSE302 (the deadline for applications is July 8, 2021)
- MSE401 (the deadline for applications is July 22, 2021)
How to Submit an Application
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering may hire sessional lecturers to deliver some of its undergraduate courses, please see above for current openings. To be considered for a position, an application and curriculum vitae must be submitted to:
Fanny Strumas-Manousos, Director of Administration
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Toronto
Wallberg Building, 184 College Street, Suite 140
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E4 Canada
A valid e-mail address is required. Applications and CVs must be submitted via e-mail.
We expect to make decisions concerning Fall and Spring courses in April. However, some decisions may be made earlier or later than this time, depending on the circumstances. Unexpected vacancies may arise at any time.
Applications will be retained for twelve (12) months. Persons who submit applications and CVs will receive emailed job postings for specific positions for the subsequent twelve (12) months.
This notice is posted pursuant to the CUPE Local 3902 Unit 3 Collective Agreement. Please note that in accordance with that agreement, preference in hiring is given to qualified persons holding the rank of Sessional Lecturer II and Sessional Lecturer III.
- Metallurgical Technician – Magellan Aerospace
- Acceleration Consortium Postdoc Fellowships –
- Kinectrics – New Grads/Students
- Kinectrics – Engineer/Scientist
- UofT Summer 2021 Work Study Program
- Editor – The Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly
Research (Lab) Technologist– Miru Smart TechnologiesVancouver, BC
- eLearning and Development Coordinator – Student Energy
- Technologist – Minerals– SGS, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- Postdoc in Thermofluids for Energy and Advanced Materials (TEAM)– University of Toronto, Canada
- R&D Material Scientist– IKO Industries Ltd. , Brampton, Canada
- Materials and Process Specialist– Besnovo, Ajax, Canada
- Sustainability Synergist – Graduate Student (Spring 2021), General Motors
- Postdoctoral Position in Catalyst Development for CO2 Conversion Using DFT/ML, University of Waterloo
- Scientist in Physical Sciences and CRC Tier 2 (Biosensors position) – Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Scientist in Physical Sciences and CRC Tier 2 (AI position) – Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Faculty Position, Ryerson University, Mechanical Engineering Department
- Technical Officer, Micro-Nanofabrication – National Research Council of Canada (NRC)
- Technical Officer, Biology – National Research Council of Canada (NRC)