Doug D. Perovic | BASc, MASc, PhD (Toronto), FAAAS, FCAE, PEng
Professor, Celestica Chair in Materials for Microelectronics & Co-Director, Ontario Centre for the Characterization of Advanced Materials (OCCAM)
Office: WB 142
- Nanostructure-property relationships for electronic/photonic applications.
- High resolution scanning-transmission electron microscopy/spectroscopy of nanomaterials structure and chemistry.
- Semiconducting quantum wells and dots.
- Mesoporous nanocomposites for nanoelectronics.
- Defect engineering in photonic band gap materials.
- Nanoengineering/science education.
- A.A. ElZoka, J.Y. Howe, R.C. Newman, D.D. Perovic. In situ STEM/SEM study of the coarsening of nanoporous gold, Acta Materialia, Vol. 162, pp. 67-77 (2019)
- Paul O'Brien, Kulbir Ghuman, Abdinoor Jelle, Amit Sandhel, Thomas Wood, Joel Loh, Jia Jia, Doug Perovic, Chandra Veer Singh, Nazir Kherani, Charles Mims, Geoffrey Ozin. Enhanced Photothermal Reduction of Gaseous CO2 over Silicon Photonic Crystal Supported Ruthenium at Ambient Temperature. Energy & Environmental Science. EE-ART-08-2018-00234 (2018) (in press).
- A.M. Delhaise, Z. Chen, and D. Perovic, "Solid-State Diffusion of Bi in Sn: Effects of β-Sn Grain Orientation", Journal of Electronic Materials. https://doi.org/10.1: 1-12 (2018).
- Changhong Cao, Jane Y Howe, Doug Perovic, Xueliang Sun, Chandra Veer Singh, Yu Sun and Tobin Filleter, "Nonlinear Fracture Toughness Measurement and Crack Propagation Resistance of Functionalized Graphene Multilayers", Science Advances, Vol 4, I 4, pp. 1-9 (2018).
- A. Delhaise, D. Perovic, "Study of the Solid-State Diffusion of Bismuth in Polycrystalline Tin using Electron Probe Microanalysis", Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 47, I 3, pp. 2057-2065 (2018).
- Abdinoor A. Jelle, Kulbir K. Ghuman, Paul G. O’Brien, Mohamad Hmadeh, Amit Sandhel, Doug D. Perovic, Chandra Veer Singh, Charles A. Mims, Geoffrey A. Ozin, "Highly Efficient Ambient Temperature CO2 Photomethanation Catalyzed by Nanostructured RuO2 on a Silicon Photonic Crystal Support", Adv. Energ. Mater, Vol. 8, I 9, pp. 1-10 (+ Front Cover) (2018).
- MSE Prof. Doug Perovic featured in Engineering Dimensions - Department of Materials Science & Engineering (utoronto.ca)
- 'Every scene has its own DNA:' Prof. Doug Perovic was interviewed by Ottawa Citizen - Department of Materials Science & Engineering (utoronto.ca)
- Steam Pipe Explosion in London: Prof. Doug Perovic interviewed by The London Free Press - Department of Materials Science & Engineering (utoronto.ca)
- NSERC Synergy Award celebrates decades of collaboration on nanoscale electron microscopy and robotics - U of T Engineering News (utoronto.ca)
- Prof. Doug Perovic comments on Ontario city's inspection process after CBC obtains report - Department of Materials Science & Engineering (utoronto.ca)
- Not all balconies at London apartment where baby fell to her death were inspected up close, report reveals | CBC News
- U of T forensic engineering expert on what happens next in Beirut investigation (utoronto.ca)
- New U of T certificate in forensic engineering touted as 1st of its kind in Canada | CBC News
- U of T Engineering recognizes four longstanding industry partners at fourth annual Partners’ Reception - U of T Engineering News (utoronto.ca)
- Student sues after arm injured in safety glass | CBC News
- Wired glass to lose safety designation in Canada | Globalnews.ca
MSE1031/MSE431: Forensic Engineering
MSE219: Structure and Characterization of Materials
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (FAAAS), 2012
- Engineering Medal, Research & Development Category, Professional Engineers Ontario, 2011
- Fellow, Canadian Academy of Engineering (FCAE), 2008
- Canadian Materials Physics Medal, 2008
- Fellow, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIAR), Nanoelectronics Program, 2006
- Senior Fellow, Massey College at the University of Toronto, 2006
- NSERC Synergy Award, 2005
- Best Materials Paper Prize, Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly, 1995