Zheng-Hong Lu | BSc (China), PhD (École Polytechnique), FAAAS
Professor & Canada Research Chair, Organic Optoelectronics (Tier I)
Director, Toronto Microanalysis Centre (TMC)
Office: WB 141
Research Group: Organic Optoelectronics Research Group
Related News & Features
- MSE professor elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Undergraduate students make noteworthy contributions to solar energy materials research
- A light bulb moment
- Alumni build the world’s first consumer-ready OLED lamp
- Next-generation super-capacitors, energy-efficient lighting, and lightweight materials research receives federal government support
- Alumnus recognized for significant scientific research accomplishments under the age of 30
- Graduate research in OLED energy transfer wins U of T conference competition
- Recent PhD graduate named U of T’s top scholar
- Lighting up the cover
- White OLED commercialization project receives prestigious internal funding
- How to build a better TV
- Flexible mobile displays: an interview with PhoneArena.com
- MSE researchers solve decades-old energy puzzle
- MSE researchers create world’s most-efficient flexible OLED
- Advanced materials researchers brighten future of OLED technology…with one-atom of chlorine
- MSE awarded new Canada Research Chair
Honours & Awards
- Fellow, American Academy for the Advancement of Science (FAAAS), 2016
- University of Toronto Connaught Innovation Award, 2013
- Premier’s Research Excellence Award (Ontario), 2000
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE)
- Society for Information Display (SID)
Development of next generation organic light-emtting diodes (OLEDs) and solar cells.
Y.-L. Chang, S. Yin, Z. Wang, M.G. Helander, J. Qiu, L. Chai, Z. Liu, G.D. Scholes, and Z.H. Lu, “High efficiency warm white organic light-emitting diodes by triplet exciton conversion”, Adv. Func. Mater. 23, 705 (2013).
M.T Greiner, L. Chai, M.G. Helander, W.-M. Tang, and Z.-H. Lu, “Metal/metal-oxide interfaces: How metal contacts affect the work function and band structure of MoO3”, Adv. Func. Mater 23, 215 (2013).
Z.B. Wang, M.G. Helander, J. Qiu, D. Gao, Y.L. Chang, and Z.H. Lu, “C60:LiF nanocomposite for high power efficiency fluorescent organic light emitting diodes”, Nanotechnology 23, 344010 (2012).
J. Chen, J. Tao, D. Ban, M.G. Helander, Z. Wang, J. Qiu, and Z.H. Lu, “Hybrid organic/inorganic optical up-converter for pixel-less near infrared imaging”, Adv. Mater. 24, 3138 (2012).
M.T. Greiner, M.G. Helander, W.M. Tang, Z.B. Wang, J. Qiu, and Z.H. Lu, “Universal energy-level alignment of molecules on metal oxides”, Nature Mater. 11, 76 (2012).
Z.B. Wang, M.G. Helander, J. Qiu, D.P. Puzzo, M.T. Greiner. Z.M. Hudson, S. Wang, Z.W. Liu, and Z.H. Lu, “Unlocking the full potential of organic light emitting diodes on flexible plastic”, Nature Photon. 5, 753 (2011).
M.G. Helander, Z.B Wang, J. Qiu, M.T. Greiner, D.P. Puzzo, Z.W. Liu, and Z.H. Lu, “Chlorinated Indium Tin Oxide Electrodes with High Work Function for Organic Device Compatibility”, Science 332, 944 (2011).
D.P. Puzzo, E. J. Henderson, M.G. Helander, Z. Wang, G.A. Ozin, and Z. Lu, “Visible colloidal nanocrystal silicon light-emitting diode”, Nano Lett. 11, 1585 (2011).
Z.B. Wang, M.G. Helander, Z.M. Hudson, J. Qiu, S. Wang, and Z.H. Lu, “Pt(II) complex based phosphorescent organic light emitting diodes with external quantum efficiencies above 20%”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 213301 (2011).