- Processing and properties of advanced ceramics and ceramic matrix composites
- Powder processing and forming techniques
- Designed multiphase microstructures
- Characterization of microstructure-property relationships for toughening mechanisms and fracture behaviour
- Characterization of hard coatings, including diamond-ceramic.
MSE332: Heat and Mass Transfer for Materials Processing
- NSERC Brockhouse Canada Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in Science & Engineering (2009), S. Chandra, T. W. Coyle, J. Mostaghimi, V. Pershin, Centre for Advanced Coating Technologies (CACT), University of Toronto