News & Features
Targeted cancer treatment, magnesium weld corrosion and hydrogen-powered yachts—MSE students present their final design projects
– Students presented their final design projects in a Dragons' Den-style competition and at the annual MSE undergraduate research showcase.
– How two U of T graduate students built North America’s first working electron microscope
– MSE Professor Zheng-Hong Lu and MSE doctoral candidates Yiying Li and Peicheng Li have created a master map that will accelerate materials selection and guide organic device design.
– Top prize awarded for ILead's social innovation competition, The Game
Honours & Awards
– U of T Engineering’s top undergraduate students were recognized by the Ontario Professional Engineers Foundation for Education (OPEFE) for high academic achievement and co-curricular contributions.
– Professor Scott Ramsay and PhD candidate Khaled Abu Samk win 2017 MSE Impact Student Choice Awards
– Professor Hani Naguib elected Fellow of SPIE, the International Society for Optics and Photonics