Doug D. Perovic | BASc, MASc, PhD (Toronto), FAAAS, FCAE, PEng
Professor, Celestica Chair in Materials for Microelectronics & Co-Director, Ontario Centre for the Characterization of Advanced Materials (OCCAM)
Office: WB 142
Honours & Awards
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (FAAAS), 2012
- Engineering Medal, Research & Development Category, Professional Engineers Ontario, 2011
- Fellow, Canadian Academy of Engineering (FCAE), 2008
- Canadian Materials Physics Medal, 2008
- Fellow, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIAR), Nanoelectronics Program, 2006
- Senior Fellow, Massey College at the University of Toronto, 2006
- NSERC Synergy Award, 2005
- Best Materials Paper Prize, Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly, 1995
- American Society for Materials (ASM)
- Professional Engineers Ontario
Nanostructure-property relationships for electronic/photonic applications. High resolution scanning-transmission electron microscopy/spectroscopy of nanomaterials structure and chemistry. Semiconducting quantum wells and dots. Mesoporous nanocomposites for nanoelectronics. Defect engineering in photonic band gap materials. Nanoengineering/science education.
E. Vekris, V. Kitaev, D.D. Perovic, J.S. Aitchison and G.A. Ozin, Visualization of Stacking Faults and their Formation in Colloidal Photonic Crystal Films”, Adv. Mater., 2008 (in press).
Benjamin D Hatton, Kai Landskron, Wesley Whitnal, Doug D Perovic, Geoffrey A Ozin, Spin-Coated Periodic Mesoporous Organosilica (PMO) Thin Films – Towards a New Generation of Low k Materials, Adv. Funct. Mater., Vol. 15, pp. 823-829 (2005).
K. Landskron, B.D. Hatton, D.D. Perovic and G.A. Ozin, Periodic Mesoporous Organosilicas Containing Interconnected [Si(CH2)] 3 Rings, Science, 302, pp. 266-269 (2003).
Kirkaldy JS, Perovic A, Perovic DD, Phenomenological synthesis of nanometric patterning in ballistically formed MBE silicon between 450 and 713 K , Mat. Sci Eng A, 448, pp. 221-228 (2007);
K.P. Fritz, A. Perovic, P. Sreekumari Nair, S. Petrov, D.D. Perovic and G.D. Scholes, Strructural Characterization of the Growth Kinetics of CdSe Nanorods, J. Cryst. Growth, 293, pp. 203-208 (2006).