Nazir P. Kherani | BASc, MASc, PhD (Toronto), PEng
Joint-Appointed with the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Office: GB 254B
Assistant & Office Manager: 416.978.3397
Research Group: Advanced Photovoltaics & Devices (APD) Group
Related News & Features
- Can plants teach us how to build better solar cells?
- Advanced photovoltaics materials research gets national funding boost
- Graduate photovoltaic materials research wins top poster prize out of 900+ competitors
The Advanced Photovoltaics and Devices (APD) Research Group at the University of Toronto is actively carrying out innovative research and technology developments in the areas of photovoltaics and the allied fields of photonics and electronics.
Current major research areas within the APD Group include:
- Ultra-thin Silicon Photovoltaics & Allied Devices
- Photonic Crystals
- Optical Coatings and Photonic Materials
- MicroPower Sources and M/NEMS Sensors
The APD Group works closely with industry and research partners, helping develop innovative technologies and conducting forwarding looking fundamental and applied research.
APD and affiliated laboratories consist of state-of-the-art thin film and nanostructured materials and devices synthesis and diagnostic facilities.