Erin Bobicki, Assistant Professor in the Department of Materials Science & Engineering at the University of Toronto and Director of the Sustainable Mineral Processing Laboratory.
The project entitled “CanMicro: Combined Microwave-Assisted Comminution and Sorting” has been selected as one of the 12 Semi-Finalists in the Crush It! Challenge.
Erin Bobicki, the Project Lead, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto and the director of the Sustainable Mineral Processing Laboratory.
This project is in partnership and collaboration with:
– Chris Pickles, Professor in the Department of Mining at Queens University
– Boyd Davis, Principal – Project Development at Kingston Process Metallurgy (KPM)
– Andrew Gillis, Vice President Engineering at Sepro Mineral Systems
– Alex Ure, Research Mineralogist at COREM
– Jane Danoczi, Snr Process Engineer – Mining and Minerals at Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC)
As a Semi-Finalist and eligible small-scale innovator, the project was awarded a $10,000 micro-grant to recognize the value of the idea and prepare for the next step.
They will take part in a pitch session on March 3, 2019 held on the margins of the Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) annual Convention. The Challenge Jury will be evaluating their technical presentation of their project in order to select the (up to) six finalists who will be awarded contribution agreements of up to $800,000.
Good luck !