Click on any of the above squares to learn more about Materials Science & Engineering at the University of Toronto and our impact on sustainability and energy.
Materials Science & Engineering, University of Toronto
Engineering Advanced Materials for a Sustainable Future.
Climate change, energy availability, and resource depletion are global challenges we face today. As world leaders in our field, Materials Science & Engineering at the University of Toronto is at the forefront of addressing these issues. Our cutting-edge research, education, and applications expertise in advanced materials engineering enable new and sustainable technologies, creating innovative solutions for the global environment.
The University of Toronto is ranked #1 in Canada and top 20 in North America for materials science.* As a department within the U of T Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, we are also proud to be an integral part of the #1 ranked engineering school in Canada and among the top 50 in the world.**
* US News & World Report Best Global Universities 2014 / National Taiwan University (NTU) Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities 2014 / QS World University Rankings 2014
** Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Engineering & Technology 2014 / Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Rankings of World Universities for Engineering, Technology & Computer Science 2014 / QS World University Ranking for Engineering & Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) in Materials Engineering
- Master of Engineering (MEng) in Materials Science & Engineering
- Master of Applied Science (MASc) in Materials Science & Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Materials Science & Engineering