It’s the time of year to vote for your Impact Student Choice Awards:
- Instructor of the Year
- Teaching Assistant of the Year
About the Award:
The annual IMPACT Student Choice Awards recognize an MSE undergraduate instructor, and a teaching assistant as selected by the student body. Named after the Department alumni + industry magazine, IMPACT, the award makes reference to both materials testing and the influential effect of professional dedication and excellence.
Award candidates must be an MSE faculty member / graduate student and have taught at least one (1) MSE undergraduate course for MSE students in the previous calendar year.
The winners will be announced at the 2021 Virtual Buckyball (March 19, 7-9 pm).
Award voting rules:
- Only MSE undergraduate students may vote—each student may only vote ONCE
- All voter names and information will be kept confidential—voter data is only being collected to ensure voting integrity (one vote per eligible voter)
- Candidates may not win Instructor / Teaching Assistant of the Year for two consecutive years
- Deadline extended to: Monday, March 15, 2021 at 5 pm
How do I vote?
Impact Student Choice Awards — 2020 Winners
Instructor of the Year: Steven Thorpe
Teaching Assistant of the Year: Long (Kok) Ng
Impact Student Choice Awards — 2019 Winners
Instructor of the Year: Kinnor Chattopadhyay
Teaching Assistant of the Year: Jak Li