All students at the University of Toronto have a student account. To review your account balance and invoice, log in to your Student Web Services (SWS) account and select “Financial Accounts.”
Your student account is managed by Student Accounts, which is also referred to as the Fees Office. The Fees Office is responsible for your tuition and ancillary fees, processing payments, issuing refunds and applying service charges.
Tuition fees invoices are not mailed so check your fees balance on the SWS regularly.
Additional information regarding your student fees can be found on the following:
- Tuition fees for the current academic session
- Pay particular attention to the Refund Schedule if you are part-time student or are considering withdrawing. Drop dates for refunds are different from academic drop dates. There are no exceptions to the refund schedule
- Defer your fees if you’re receiving OSAP or other government financial assistance
- Find out where to get your T2202A tax form and other Frequently Asked Questions about fees
- All fees and charges posted to your account are payable. If not paid in full, any outstanding account balance is subject to a monthly service charge of 1.5% compounded (19.56% per annum). The service charge is first assessed as of November 15th and as of the 15th of every month thereafter until paid in full. Outstanding charges on your account from prior sessions are subject to a service charge as of the 15th of every month until paid in full
- International students may be able to apply for international fee exemptions. Visit the Student Accounts website for details
- If you’re experiencing difficulties paying fees, drop by GB 153 to make an appointment with the Scholarships & Financial Aid Advisor