MSE Deadline: Monday, February 27, 2017
Now is the time to apply for this summer’s NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA)!
These awards are intended to provide research work experience that complements your degree program.
The value of the award is $4,500.00, plus a supplement of $1,125.00 from the supervising professor for a continuous full 16 week work period. No provision is made for sick leave, vacation or other interruptions of awards.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident of Canada status
- must currently be registered in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year (1st year students are not eligible)
- minimum cumulative GPA of 70%
- must be available for and committed to 16 continuous weeks of employment (typically 1st week in May – last week in August)
- Follow the instructions provided on the NSERC website. NOTE: you must upload a PDF of your official transcript which can be ordered online via ACORN/ROSI— order now.
- Once you have completed Form 202, Part I, provide your potential supervisor with the reference number issued by the system. Your supervisor needs this number in order to complete Part II of Form 202.
- After you have completed the online application, SUBMIT HARDCOPY TO SABRIN MOHAMED. The following documents must be submitted:
- Form 202 Part 1—Student
- Form 202 Part 2—Supervisor
- Signed Student-Professor NSERC USRA Certification Form
- Official Transcript
Sabrin Mohamed, Undergraduate Advisor
T: 416.978.7308 | E: email@example.com | Office: WB 140